Friday, December 5

My Trip Over

Sorry it has taken me so long to post something but I have been very busy and I also forgot my login. Many things have happened in the past week so I'll start at the beginning. Also:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STELLA!!!!!!!!
Okay now for the first item on the agenda: The Trip Over
So i left for Sydney and that was all fine. I arrived in Sydney and found my way to the international airport easily enough. In the line for customs i saw the Sydney EF kids who i met up with at the gate. They were all going to France. We got on the plane but had to remain on the ground because of bad weather. We finally took off and about 8 hours later we were in Singapore. We had to take everything off the plane so we could go through security again.
Singapore airport is massive and quite pretty with the christmas decorations over the travalator. To top it off there was a Boost, but it didn't take Australian money. After about 40min we were back on the plane but we were delayed because the engineers had to fix something. Finally back in the air and on our way to London.
The first thing i saw when we broke through the clouds upon lqnding in London was stereotypical English houses. That was all good but because of the delays we had missed our flight to Paris by about an hour. So we rebooked and waited. That flight was then delayed by half an hour.
Going through London airport security was funny. I accidently left my mp3 player in my pocket so I had to be checked for concealed weapons and drugs ye ol' feel 'em up. Another girl had to as well because it turns out she had too much toothpaste. All in all London airport was fun and everyone was getting REALLY EXCITED!!! We talked all through the flight to Paris and had arrived within what felt like minutes after taking off.
Everyone was really excited when we arrived in Charles de Gaul because we were in France!! and everyone was speaking French!! We crossed the border and collected our luggage. I will add here that my suitcase is the worst suitcase to carry. My hand was literally bruised for three days.
I was flying to Toulouse with three others. We left the others to catch their trains and realised we had missed our flight. The next one was 4 hours later. At the time we were so tired and fed up it was depressingly funny.
We had dinner in the airport and had a good conversation with the guys that served us. It was funny and in a mixture of French and English.
When I finally arrived in Toulouse some forty something hours later, I met my host family. Who were extremly nice about it all. There was unfortunately a 3 hour car ride to my host family's house but i slept most of it. I arrived at the house and slept pretty much all the way through to Monday.
I should go now but I will write about my host fanily and school soon

0 comments: