Tuesday, January 6

Paris part one

Guys I am incrediably sorry that it has taken me this long to write my paris blog. I had thought about coming up with all the excuses that I could but that is a stupid idea because it would delay this blog even more. Which is way I'm going to give it to you straight. Next even with the slightest hint of a bend or twist. I have three reasons:
*reason number one is it turns out I only had one day ack home before Avignon so there wasn't enough time
*reason number two: I was going to write the blog on notpad whilst in Avignon but everytime I opened up my computer Ophelie would position herself so that she could see what I was doing. I know it's stupid since she'd have had understood almost nothing but I still felt uncomfortable so I opted for practasing my hearts skills (annoying North always keeping me in second place)
*reason number three really only needs one word: trojans

Pari.....okay that one word needs an explination. Right now my computer is full of nasties and on nasty in particular has succeeded in defying almost any scan run to find it (internet information I've only been running "Avast!" and it found it but can't kill it). So I no can no longer write my blogs in my room and post them up when finished.

PARIS
This is a journal I kept whilst in Paris so if somethings seem a little out of place that could by why

La Voyage en Voiture
Up at seven to leave at eight. We let St Come and it's two degrees (lingering on one) and we were on our way. Truth be told I really have no idea how we got from St Come to Paris (other than by car) but I'm pretty sure we were near the snow station that we went to last saturday. We were driving through the snow when the sun rose and it was amazing. All the colours of the sky being reflected onto the snow. If you ever get the chance to see such a thing, make sure you don't miss out.

The first stop was for petrol and the toilet. Where we stopped was kind of like our truck stops but no where near as bogan.

On we went along the highway not stopping untill lunch where we stopped at the same kind of place as last time.

Okay so you're driving through France and you stop for lunch. During your lunch play spot the French. They are the ones that are eating in the car or out of the car boot. They are the ones that make sure the cheese comes on the voyage as well. Some even brought along their wine to go with the cheese. Yes, we did eat in the car and yes the cheese got to come too.

We were in Paris by three-thirty because France is puney. It ain't got nothing on Australia. Australia could eat France for a mid morning snack the size difference is that big. The reason behind the rant: it took less time to get to Paris than it does to get to Melbourne I mean come on!

Arriving in Paris
Okay, if you drive to Paris close your eyes. I'm serious, don't look! The outer industrial area isn't exactly pretty. Graffiti everywhere. BUT I did see the very top of the Eiffel Tower.

Home for the Next Week
We are staying with Herve's mother who is incrediably nice, as is her appartment. It's in ther outer ring of paris, number 12 I think, and the buildning was typically Paris. Though one problzm was that the appartment was quite small and with seven of us it got a little cramped at times. I sleped on a mattress on the floor with a sleeping bag next to Gael. It wasn't too bad and he never once woke me up since he tends to sleep in later than I do.

Next time: As much as I can fit in. This time I promise 24 hours

0 comments: